Meaning behind your blog name
When I first decided to make this blog, I can honestly say I did not know I'd be doing this '30 Days of Blogging' - and I also did not know the name I picked for my blog would ever need to be discussed. Naming this blog seemed simple, not at all like naming my three children - Kenny and I always went back and forth, and could never agree on a name, finally for our first pregnancy, I asked Kenny to make a deal, he picks her first name, I'll pick her godparents and her middle name. When he agreed to this, I thought 'sweet!, I definitely have the better end of the deal!' then he told me the name - the name I never cared for, the name I never would have picked, the name that made me roll my eyes.. the dreaded (I thought) name of 'Angelina'. When I thought of this name, I thought of Angelina Jolie, I thought of bad girl, a girl withount boundries, a girl too wild to be my child.. but a deal was a deal and 9 years later, I am wondering what I was so worried about - I love her name! It fits her so well, and no, not the way I explained above, she is sweet, kind and amazing. I don't even think of Angelina Jolie anymore - who IS Angelina Jolie anyhow? All I know now is that my Angelina is truly an Angel!
If I thought Angelina was hard, the second time around was harder - but, he named Angelina and now it was my turn.. I had always loved the name Arianna, but it was way too common and common is not a thing I am fond of - of course I'm also not fond of names that make you go 'hmm what were their parents thinking?' or 'that sure is different'... I like names that you've heard before, but not TOO often. I also always liked the name Ali, so it just made sense - combine the two and get Alianna - I still love it as much as the day I thought I made it up!
Dominic was probably the easiest - don't get me wrong, we went back in forth with names that we could not agree on but then one day at work, I answered the telephone and it was a guy named Dominic, I called Kenny as soon as I hung up with him and ding, ding, ding! My little fetus-with-a-penis had a name :)
So when it came to naming this blog.. I didn't think, I didn't hesitate, I didn't try to get creative.. I let my fingers do the thinking for me.. I put my fingers on the keyboard, on the home keys like I learned back in school, "..and let the journey begin" my fingers wrote. Had I known that I would have to explain the meaning of it, I probably would have actually thought about it but, knowing me, I probably would have still came up with the same name...
I realize 'journey' technically references a trip, and although I am not going on an actually trip to, let's say Greece (my dream!) or somewhere tropical, I will be going on the biggest emotional and physical trip I'll ever be invited to go on. Not only am I going on it, my husband is, my kids are, my close family and friends will be talked to so much about it from me, they'll think they are too! It is a 'journey' that I am going on and I'm sure it will be better than the best Greece trip!
Although this journey started back in July, to me, it is just begining now, before was wonderful, the time we spent getting to know each other and getting all the testing out of the way, but now is the exciting part, the part we've all been waiting for, the part that sometimes felt like it would never come.. We're finally more than ready to let the journey begin!
1 comment:
So if you go to Greece or some place tropical Can I come? can I, Can I :) Imreally loving reading these post
Post a Comment